What to do if the executor’s name changes during probate administration in Los Angeles?

When an executor’s name has changed during the term of probate administration in Los Angeles, the executor’s attorney may file an ex parte application in court, asking the court to authorize issuance of an amended Letters Testamentary, or the Letters of Administration to reflect that there is a new name for the executor or administrator.   The executor or administrator must file an affidavit swearing to the change in name.    Then, an order amending letters needs to be prepared and issued, followed by an amended Letters.

The process of amending letters is not difficult.  For more information about amending letters testamentary, or letters of administration, contact: Mina Sirkin, probate attorney at 818-340-4479 or Email: Info@SirkinLaw.com.

Posted by: admin on

Tags: , , , ,